Sunday, November 2, 2008

I promised!

Well, here's the post I promised!
It feels like we've been running around like crazy for the past three weeks. I guess you could say that was when all the adventures began. On about the 17th of October we had fall break (a three day weekend!) and headed down to Beaver for a visit. We had family picture's of the whole Jessup clan taken as a Christmas present for Ralyn. We had a nice relaxing weekend spent deciding color schemes for the photo shoot and other silly details. Mostly we played games, made and ate ice cream cake, and went to a missionary farewell. (Tyler's cousin will be going to San Antonio, Texas! Cindy, and Dallin, watch for an Elder Jessup in about 3 months!!)

Then of course it was back to school for another week before heading down to Ogden for a trip to the temple and a day at Lagoon. My family came down and Katie brought a roomate from Rexburg. My aunt and a few cousins came along as well. Tyler and I both chickened out when it came to riding "Wicked" the new roller coaster. It was about 9:30 at night and I think we were just a little Lagooned out! The thrilling rides don't really do it for me anymore I guess. We had the most fun watching my little cousin (He's 4) ride around and around on the helicopters, then explain his excitement in a four year olds lisp-like voice! Hillarious! I was quite the day!

Just this last weekend we went back to Ogden. This time to spend Halloween with my aunt and cousins. (We don't know a lot of people in Evanston yet and there weren't any parties going on) We took the little kids trick -ot-treating. Unfortunately I forgot the costume. My one little cousin had a monster suit! He's two and absolutely adorable! We had fun watching them say trick-or-treat and hold out their bags! We both ate far to much candy, but all in all had a good night!

So tomorrow it's back to school and we're planning on not hiting the road again until Thanksgiving time when it will be back to Northern Utah for lot's of Turkey and stuffing! We're enjoying Evanston and have decided it's time to stick around for a few weeks.

Every week is so busy around here. If we're not at school or some school related meeting we're at church or some church related meeting! I'm having fun with the Young Women and after Tyler counts tithing he wishes he was with the Young Men. I told him just to volunteer! I'm sure they'd have him! We went and did Baptisms with the youth last night. Tyler came along and was able to help a lot more than me. As always it was good to be in the temple!

Well, there's the update. We're not the most exciting people on the planet, but we know how to have a good time! Keep the comments comming! We love to hear from all of you!

KJ

1 comment:

Dallin said...

We'll keep our eyes open for Elder Jessup definitely. I take it he is going Spanish speaking since it will be three months before he gets here. Our building has a Spanish branch in it so there's a chance we may run into him. Good to hear from you.