So here's just a bunch of "goings on" in the Jessup Family!
This last weekend we headed to Rexburg to see my sister perform in a dance show. We've been gone for only eight months, but campus is sure looking different. The auditorium is almost all the way enclosed. I can't believe how massive it is. Apparently it's the 2nd largest building the church has ever built. Second only to, you guessed it, the conference center! We took our camera but it never made it out of the case. Sorry -- no pictures. Anyways, we had a fun visit with my mom and sister and some old friends. The dance perform ace was wonderful. It made me miss the fabulous (and cheap) entertainment at BYU-I. I can say I didn't miss being a student when I was on campus. I was grateful that finals aren't on my plate these next few weeks!
Two more weeks of school and we're off to spring break! Well, we're just headed to Beaver for a few days and to meet our sister-in-law to be. Yes, Tyler's brother is engaged or so he told us last week (I assume it's still on!!!) We're excited for him. That also means one more summer trip for us! I don't know that I've posted about it, but we are planning a few trips this summer. The first is to Orlando, Florida!! I can't wait! We've been planning since January, and if I get my wish I'll get to see a real live manatee. Tyler thinks they're ugly, but I think they're kind of cute!! At the end of the summer Tyler has a conference in Seattle, so we'll be taking off again for that!!
Well, I think I posted about our renewed contracts. It looks like we'll be in Evanston another year. It's definitely growing on us! It will be especially nice not to be the new guy anymore. They plan on hiring 5 or more teachers just at the high school next year. Any of you teachers out there will have to check out the uinta county school district site!!! We'd love some friends!
Piano is going well. It's my new stress relief. Tyler's working on a book -- that's his stress relief! I think he's crazy because he's been pulling some really early mornings, but he seems to enjoy himself. State testing is finally over at the high school so no more time administering tests when I'm supposed to prepping for classes!! If any of you math kids have any great ideas on "reteaching" or "review" I would love to hear them!! We're working on quadratics right now and graphs of inequalities. If you have any ideas, please send them my way!! I'm also working on a project with my kids on linear relationships. I'm really excited about it and can only hope it turns out well. Many of them seem to be excited about it.
I don't know why I thought of this, I guess it's just one of those "goings on," but all the teachers I work with have gone on a dieting craze. It's about to make me go crazy!! calorie counting and cutting carbs just isn't for me.
Oh yes, my little garden -- another one of those "goings on." two weekends ago we had some really nice weather and I felt like I should plant something or at least weed something. Well, I don't have a yard to weed, so we went to Walmart and bought some seeds! I planted them in little starters and they're poking their heads up!!! I have a little garden on top of my fridge! I plan to put them in pots and move them in and out as the weather gets better. May be I can get a tomato in the fall. We'll see!!
So, that's that I guess. The goings on of Tyler and Kara! Sorry no pictures. I'll try to be better at that. For now if you have any suggestions for how to make school more fun or even a tad bit more exciting let me know! I'm open for anything. Most of my ideas seem to be exhausted. I guess it's time for a little spring cleaning -- mostly a bit of digging into the depths of my education notes from the past!!
Have a great day!!!
Remember what President Monson told us last conference, "Don't let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved!" That gets me through a lot of days with a smile!!
Enjoy Conference and Happy Easter!
1 comment:
sounds like fun... can we see a picture of your refrigerator garden?
Post a Comment