I've decided that I am an official Blog Slacker. So much has happened lately that I haven't posted about, and since we don't have the internet at home anymore I absolutely never upload pictures. Sorry. I'll give you some details of life in little Wyoming!
We just got home from girls camp at 2:15 this morning. Tyler came with me this year as our Priesthood leader (mostly I needed him to come take care of me!) We weren't supposed to be home until Noon or so today, but one of the other leaders got a really bad migraine last night so we offered to pack up early and bring her home. We were headed back this morning to pick up the girls when we got a call saying they had it covered. So, after a few loads of laundry and a 2 hour nap, here I am.
I've just been reading over the requirements for my teacher evaluation portfolio I have to do this year and I'm absolutely overwhelmed. I can't use any of the materials I put together for last year beacuse my baby is coming right in the middle of when that unit most likely will turn up. So I basically have to start from scratch (well I have taught the other units before it's just that the one I prepared is already to go) Crazy timing to have a baby, but hey, the Lord works in mysterious ways right?
Speaking of the baby, I didn't even post that we're having a BOY!! We found out in June and even though ultra sounds aren't 100% accurate all the time. this baby is 99% boy. We moved up stairs into a different appartment that will hopefully be warmer this winter and started setting up the babies room. It's pretty exciting to have the little dresser and crib waiting for our new arrival. I'm so caught up in that fact that a baby is coming to our house that I easily get overwhelmed with that fact that regular life events will continue. I don't know why, I guess it's just the hormones!
Oh yes, we moved up stairs because rather than a house we decided to buy a lot. We got a steal of a deal on a nice 1/4 acre lot up on Red Mountain two blocks behind our appartment. We're planning to break ground sometime in April or May and build a house all summer. WHOA. Are we crazy or what?!!
NYC was a fun, hot trip. We just happened to pick the week of record highs for our vacation, but hey, other than a little heat rash we weathered pretty good! The Statue of Liberty was magnificent. WICKED was fantastic!! Sorry, but I'll have to save trip details for a later post.
So there's a quick update of summer life at the Jessup's!
Keep Cool!
KJ
4 comments:
congrats on having a Boy! I hope planning a new unit will go well. I agree being pregnant is overwhelming enough, but when life keeps going on all around you it's tough to take it all in! good luck with everything!
So excited to read your update! We may have to plan a trip to visit next fall when you are all moved in and settled! Even more excited to hear that you are having a boy!! We sure love you guys!
Hi guys! I was thinking about you last night and wondering what was new so I checked your blog today and it was fun to catch up. Congratulations on the new baby boy! You guys will be wonderful parents. We just had our third on July 22, his name is Mason Ty. Tyler, you are probably busy with your bishopric calling but I am sure you are doing a wonderful job! Let us know the next time you are down this way, it would be fun to get together. What is your email address and I will send you an invite to our blog?
I forgot to leave you my email address, it is tyhenrie@yahoo.com. Happy Birthday Tyler on Friday!!!
Post a Comment