Sorry, no photos, but it's been quite an exciting week and a half or so. Last weekend since we had a long weekend we went to Wendell and enjoyed a variety of activities! I say that because we had to do something for everyone! Friday night we pulled into Valley just into the 1st quarter of Nate's football game. It turned out to be a pretty boring game until the fourth quarter, well, after the fourth quarter! In the last five minutes of the game both teams scored tieing the game at 7-7 rather than 0-0. So, they went into over time and after two touch downs, one for each side, Nate's team won with a two point conversion. Too bad the rest of the game wasn't as exciting!
Saturday we went to Sun Valley for Wagons Days. Dad loves the 20 mule team. It is quite impressive actually. Sorry, no pics, I forgot the camera and the ones my mom took are still on her camera. Sunday was reaxing especially after a long week at school. Monday was a different story though! Mom rented a raft and we headed down to the Snake River between Hagerman and Bliss to do a little white water rafting. I know, pretty intense. You wouldn't think there is white water down there, but we hit some good swells. (Is that wat you call them??) Unfortunately the wind was blowing (what did we expect in Idaho??!) so the ride was a bit chillier then we would have liked. As you can tell, we had a nice trip and especially enjoyed hang'n out with the family!
As for this week, it's been a good one! Three day weekends are great because they mean only four day weeks! On Tuesday we went and looked at a few houses, Wednesday we made an offer, and Friday we signed papers to start the process of buying a house!!! Wow! Unfortunately it's on short sale which means the sellers are in over their heads and we have to wait for their lenders to okay the price before anything will continue. We'll know their decision by the 30th so hopefully it's a go. We're just patiently waiting for now.
Friday night I tried out for the community theatre's "My Fair Lady" and I got a part!!!! I've always wanted to be in a play, but I've never tried out or thought I could devote any time to one so I'm finally fulfilling a life long goal! I get to be Mrs. Elinsford-Hill (Freddy's mother for those of you who know the play). She's an snobby aristocrat I think! I also get to play Mrs. Hopkins who is a cockney flower lady person... I think she has a pretty small part. I'm excited!! I hope everything works out and it turns out to be a worthwhile, fun experience!
So that's the week. Back to school tomorrow where my algebra students will be compare prices in a resturant with those in a grocery store (proportional reasoning!) and my Geometry students will be starting their design project -- miniature golf!
Ta ta for now
KJ
1 comment:
I didn't know you guys were trying to buy a house that is exciting. I love "My Fair Lady" you will have so much fun let us know how practices go. We miss you guys a ton but it sounds like you are doing great.
Post a Comment