Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thanksgiving

I know Thanksgiving was a few months ago, but since I've been slow on updating I thought it would still be fun to add a few pictures of the holiday season with the Jessups! Hope you enjoy!!!

My mom and Aunt Sharon being totally goofy while working on the After-Thanksgiving-Craft! It's tradition in the Allen family to make some cutesy thing for Christmas after dinner on Thanksgiving day. We used to do extensive toll-painting projects. Now we do foam art ornaments and that type of thing. I don't know how this tradition got started, but it's tradition! and my little cousins loved the foam art. (I liked them too -- they worked great on my bulletin board. In fact they're still there becuase I haven't had time to switch if from snowmen and Christmas trees to something "January -ish" May be I'll wait until February to change it??? Okay that was a little too much about this silly picture! )
Katie and I having fun together! I miss seeing her everyday or even every week like we used to in Rexburg. She's having so much fun there that I hesitate to call her at school. All the fun things she tells me about make me wish I were back in Rexburg. It's always nice to be with family! You don't know how much you love them until they're far away.

My Dad after a whole lot of Turkey!!! Mmmm and Zzzzzzzz


Boys playing Catan -- Nathan almost always wins so I'm getting tired of playing with him. If you've never played you should try it, but schedule and hour or two to get through the game.

3 comments:

Dallin said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Someone must be keeping their New Year's resolution to post on the blog. Thanks for the awesome updates, we don't mind at all that they're from November, it's great just to know what has been going on.

Settlers of Catan! I miss playing that game. Funny thing, Cindy hates it but she still managed to beat everyone on one of the first times she played it when we were fist dating.

Thanks Kara for sharing your craftiness, we are kind of challenged in the arts and crafts area so its fun to see what you come up with.

Anonymous said...

Kara, I'm just trying to see if this posting thing works!

Anonymous said...

Hey i think it worked! well i got your message last night and sorry i didn't call back. the excuses are full of those wonderful rexburg fun things that you hate hearing about because they make you sad. at least you know i am having fun though! i will call soon!! i love you and Tyler so much and miss you. Looks like it may work out for me to come live with you this summer!