Well, actually it's Tuesday, but it's just been one of those days. Teaching school is great. Having a real job (and a real paycheck) is great too. But sometimes teaching school (work in other words) isn't so great. My dad says that's why they pay you. They know it's work, it's supposed to be hard! I had my 2nd "Official" observation today and it went really well. My superintendent has suggestions of course, but over all his comments were positive! HURRAY!!! I'm learning so much. Teaching Algebra - anything for that matter - is harder than you would think. Everyday the challenges are new and different, or they're just the same but ever constant!! Because of my evaluation I didn't have much time to plan and my classes didn't run very smooth. I guess that made me just a bit flustered. Oh well, go back and try again tomorrow. We can't repeat or redo the past so I guess we just have to clean up the messes which have been made. Fortunately I don't think I made too big of a mess! We'll see how tomorrow works out!
Anyways-- life beyond school is, well, minimal!! I guess that's a good way to put it. I am taking piano lessons again (today was lesson number 2). I still have a little talent hidden away beyond the years of not practicing! My teacher is a girl about my age. Her husband teaches over at the middle school. She is a fantastic pianist. She actually has an El Ed degree with an emphasis in music. She accompanies for the high school choir and does a fantastic job of it. May be just by going over to her house some of that talent will rub off on me!! Okay, I know, practice makes perfect!
Young Women's is going well. Last week was our New Beginnings and I had so much fun introducing the new beehives. They're so cute! Tonight we're making Valentine cookies and cards to take to some girls who aren't, shall we say, regulars? Should be lot's of fun!
And then this weekend we're headed home to Idaho! Hurray for President's day and a three day weekend. I can't wait. Okay, I can wait three days I guess. Besides, I need three days to rebuild my confidence in my teaching ability after a not so fabulous teaching day! May be I'll come up with something fun to take pictures of so I can post them. Then again, may be I'll just get my tests corrected (sounds boring I know!!!)
Oh yes, Congrats to Cindy and Dallin!! Jayden seems practically perfect in every way!!
Love you guys!
KJ
1 comment:
thanks for the congrats. We think he's pretty perfect too...but we may be a little biased. Sounds like WY is treating you well and I am so jealous you are taking piano lessons. How fun!
Post a Comment