Thursday, February 5, 2009

Baby it's Cold Outside

I thought that would be a good title for a wintery February post. It's definitely cold outside and believe snow is in the forcast!

Life is treating us well these days! Tyler and I were laughing today about how we can't even remember September, October, November, or even December for that matter. It seems like life as just flown by. School definitely keeps us busy, then throw Young Women's and clerk duties in with it. Tuesday night we had new beginnings. I had fun introducing the new beehives. They are so sweet and innocent. I can't believe that I was ever that little. Tyler told me, "You weren't." He said, "Wwhen we were that age we thought we were all grown up because we were older than we had ever been before!!" They're sweet girls and it's fun to work with them every week. We went sledding a few mutual nights ago. Well, we were suposed to go sledding. It was about -4 with the wind chill so I didn't even try going down the hill. Our two girls who came went down twice and were done so we just went back to the church and played a game! good times.

We had the missionaries over to dinner tonight. That was fun. It interests me how when we tell people we're teachers they always have a story. Usually it involves ditching class, writing a bunch of BS and getting an A+ because the teacher didn't read it, all kinds of things. At first it's funny, but then it's just irritating! And I mean it. When you meet a teacher on the street, please don't tell them how much you hated school. They already have enough of the "I hates and I don't cares" to be content without hearing what you pulled on your teachers! But no matter how much kids hate school or try to get out of working, there are always a few fantatstic students who want to learn. And guess what, they're going to be our doctors and rocket scientists someday, making the big bucks. So don't make fun of us!! (Oh ya, and teachers too, not actually making the big bucks, but loving life and still loving school just like when they were in high school!) he truth is, unlike an estimate 99% of the world ( note: I just made that number up) I still like school and I've been going for almost 18 years now. Thats 18 out of 23 years of life which makes up 78% if my life. (Thank heavens for summers! Wait I don't think I figured that out of the percentage!)


Sorry, I hope you found the humor in that!!
Tyler is off to the mountains tomorrow for a field trip--They're taking the sixth graders to the Uintas to see some dog races. Pretty neat if you ask me! We got him some new boots tonight. Apparently they told the kids they had to wear boots so he figured he ought to abide by the rules.Unfortunately if it snows tonight the bus driver said they can't go. Hopefully for the kids sake they get to take them. (See school isn't all bad!)


Happy Valentine's Day XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOX

1 comment:

SL&G said...

Well when I was in school....Just kidding. You were there and know what went down. Glad things are going well for you two! Hope to see you sometime soon.