Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strawberry Jam and Water Balloons

Who would have known fulfilling the measure of your creation could be so interesting? (random?) Yesterday I decided to make some strawberry jam. Strawberries were on sale so I washed some of the bottles I had and made the easy freezer jam that I dearly love especially in December when summer seems so far away. Then I got a crazy hair and decided we needed more! I sent Tyler to the store for more berries and jars. When he returned I was up to my ears in strawberries for most of the day. 36 or more jelly jars later I still had berries so I froze a few. Oh, our December will be sweet!

When I finally got the last sticky mess of sugar from the counter I filled water balloons. Our ward was in charge of the tri-ward combined mutual activity. I was in charge of the balloons. Well, only about 1/3 of them and believe me I filled up what seemed like 100!! (maybe 35!) The plan was to play a bunch of water games with the kids... water balloon volley ball, water "fill up the bucket with a leaking can" relays, and that sort of thing. All was going well and the games lasted roughly 20 minutes when it all turned into a giant water fight! I stayed out of the middle of it fortunately, but the kids sure had fun! Before going to bed last night I couldn't help but chuckle at the silly things life deals us! When the prophet says get your year supply or the bishop calls you to be in young women's I wonder if they know what fun it will really be?

Loving life!
KJ

P.S. Sorry, a lot of my Florida pictures are on my mom's camera. When I get them all compiled and downloaded I'll look through them and give you a log of the trip. As for now I've just been having some rather different days from the normal school life so I thought I'd share.

2 comments:

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Yum I want some jam! Sounds like you are having a bunch of fun! I think I need a strawberry now:)

Cami Eyre said...

Hey Kara...

Thanks for the hello! It's good to hear from you, I'll have to put you on my list and will look forward to hearing about your wyoming adventures. As for us...job hunting is TOUGH! The job we were hoping for in Evanston had 180 APPLICANTS and he didn't get it. Anyway, we're hopeful still that something can work out, but have a plan B for him to substitute in WA (close to where I'm from...they pay subs decently) and he can try and get some experience and connections to hopefully get a job teaching soon. Anyway, it looks like WY is treating you well...who knows, we may still end up there somehow, someday...we'll look you guys up if we do. Sorry for the novel....thanks for the HELLO!!!

Cami