I know it's been awhile since I last posted. A lot has been happening. I've been at "math camp" since Sunday night and Tyler is still at scout camp until tomorrow afternoon. I miss him a ton :(
When I headed up to Jackson Hole for this Math Conference I wasn't sure what to expect. We stayed three nights and three days at Teton Science School. It was fantastic! I was reminded what it is like to be in college. My head was pumped full of ideas and problem solving strategies to use in my classroom next fall. Summer is just about half over now, but wow, has it ever been a fantastic summer. At this camp I had some time to get to know some new faces and build stronger friendships with two of my own colleagues. To all my math buddies -- go to wymathcirlces.blogspot.com for some cool math games and ideas!
Tuesday night we went and saw the Bar J Wranglers. (I never did see them at BYU-I) If you like fiddle music and anything cowboy (or even if your not that huge of a cowboy fan) I would highly recommend going to see them. We had a lot of fun!!
Last weekend my family was here for the 4th. Sorry -- no pictures yet (My mom has them on her camera). It was fantastic to see some aunts and uncles and cousins I haven't seen for awhile. We were here in Evanston for the fireworks!! To all you Utah and Idaho folk who have never seen Wyoming fireworks, next year you're invited!! All those "illegal" fireworks are absolutely fun! (of course they're not illegal here!)
When Tyler gets home tomorrow we're headed to St George for Jordan's Wedding. I'm excited to just show up! I don't have to do anything but enjoy the day!! (It's going to be 159 degrees I'm sure. Blah) I'm mostly excited to finally have my husband back. At least for a few days, because next week I'm off to Girls Camp! Should be fun too!!
I'm still working on those Florida pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment