Sunday, May 31, 2009

Finally some pictures!!

We finally downloaded some pictures so as I promised, probably two months ago, here they are!! This one is of the ice ponds in Evanston with our lovely Walmart in the background. They don'treally seem that close in person. Anyways, we had Bear River Days Saturday which I thought would be a great big event. It turned out to be a few venders and some crawdad fishing. I wanted to go out on a paddle boat, but it was hot and the line was too long. We'll go sometime this summer!
Here's Katie and I not wanting to fish for crawdads. They are ugly little buggers that look kind of like tiny lobsters. The people fishing for them took huge chunks of raw chicken, tied it to a string, then dropped it in the pond to lure the cradads in. Apparently they were planning to boil them up for lunch after that. OOOH!!
Below you'll see our cute little nephew who's turning one in a week. They came to see us on memorial day. I can't believe he's almost a whole year old. Wow how time flies.








Here's my new haircut! I love it, and it's perfect for summer : )

Sadly, Tyler sprained his elbow last Thursday. Now it's not as swollen as when the picture was taken, but it bruised clear into his wrist. He hurt it playing soccer with his sixth graders. He decided to stop the ball by putting his foot on top of it. You know that law of physics - action / reaction? Tyler ended up on the ground and the ball kept going!! He is doing better and hopefully it will feel better in another week when we head to Flordia!!







3 comments:

Katie said...

Yes those crawdads were gross and wow tyler's elbow looks even grosser!

Kara said...

Katie, I'm glad someone leaves comments on our blog! Are you home yet? Florida is coming soon!!

Love ya, KJ

Dallin said...

What's the problem with trying to catch crawdads? We used to do it a ton just for fun, although we threw them back since we weren't big fans of eating them. Cindy's dad and brother have some pretty awesome traps that they built for catching them and they eat them too.