Thursday, August 13, 2009

New friends, parties, and the final days of summer

Summer is winding down. School starts for teachers on Monday and officially for students on the 24th. I've been working in my room all week since Tyler's been at meetings. Prepping for two classes is double the work compared to last year. I'm teaching Algebra and Geometry this year.

Tuesday night for mutual I had a "P" Party for the girls here at our apartment. I know it sounds weird, but the main idea was to put a fun twist on Personal Progress! We wore pajamas, ate popsicles, popcorn, pretzels, peanut butter M&M's, did pedicures, and went through the girl's personal progress books. It was a smashing success if I do say so myself! We had 4 of our girls who normally don't come, so that is a positive thing! My house was a bit messy after they all went home, but everything cleaned up easy!

We have two new couples in our ward. The new English teacher and Ag teacher and their wives moved into our complex. New Friends!! People our age! We could never replace our friends from Rexburg, but it is nice to have some people walking in our same shoes!

That's life in a nutshell! Hope all is well with all of you!

Happy back to school!
KJ

No comments: