When I counted I found that we've only been home a total of 10 days in the entire month of July. 5 of those days I was sick, 4 of them my family was in town. That left one day to relax and enjoy life. We've been on the road a lot. I posted Jordan's wedding and girls camp. Last weekend we were in Beaver for the 24th of July, home for a day, and then we headed over to Idaho for a quick visit. Whew... what a month. Visiting with our families was great as always. I met some of Tyler's aunts, uncles, and cousins I'd never met before. Between the Jessups and the Gublers there were quite a number of relatives to mix and mingle with in Beaver. We had fun throwing water balloons, having a water fight and mostly talking, sitting around, and eating! On our trip to Wendell we got to see my roommates!! What fun! Cindy, Danae, and Catherine, it was fantastic talking with you! I miss you all so much when I'm here in Evanston.
So now that we're home life doesn't slow down. Tyler went back to school today for pre-school meetings. (Pre-school as in before the year begins, not 3-4 year olds!) He has them for the next two weeks and then teachers officially go back on the 17th. School starts again on the 24th. My mom came home with us on Saturday to spend some time with me while Tyler is in classes. Today we went shopping in Park City and to the family history center there. We're working on "saving our kindred dead," but unfortunately they're quite difficult to track down. Tomorrow we're going to scrapbook and then mom's going to come teach my mutual girls about nutrition. We're also going to make some smoothies, YUM!
So that's post vacation life in a nut shell. This summer has been fantastic, but it's time to settle down and get back to work. I'm afraid life will never slow down. We're back on the house hunt (boo). If you see anything in our price range, let us know!! Oh wait, unfortunately location is an issue! We don't want more than a 10 minute commute!! The house we looked at tonight needs a lot of work, paint and carpet mostly. I don't know. The idea of owning (more like buming off the bank for 30 years) kind of freaks me out. AAAGH. We'll keep you posted.
Stay tuned!
KJ
No comments:
Post a Comment