Here's to fantastic first days and frustrating third days!! Wow, as far as emotions go, I think I've felt everything in the book these last three days. What a week, and it's only Wednesday! Tyler and I both had an awesome 1st day! Wow, I teach school because of kids. I love 'em (well, most of the time! No I love them all the time, I just hate what they do sometimes!) I guess after sitting in meetings for multiple days in a row you yearn for kids. They come and you remember why you decided to teach school. Then they get sttled in and a little light goes on , the "what can I do to annoy her" light! Okay, I don't think most of them really have that thought go through their heads, but it happens. And Wednesdays come when you just have to cry because that's all you can do (P.S. Tyler doesn't cry, but he feels it too). And then you wipe away the tears and know that Friday is coming and by Monday you will be looking forward to spending time with the kids again because they're curious and interesting. They have ideas that seem totally off the wall, but you like that because it means they're thinking! They have feelings and personality, and everyday is almost absolutely different than the day before even though you follow the same procedures and you teach the same subject. And that's why I keep going back. KIDS!!!
I teach kids and I have 71 kids who, when we're done this semester will know more than they knew before walking into my door on Monday. And I can look back and say, WOW, look at that. You've learned something! And it's not me that does it. It's Heavenly Father, because he knows them perfectly. They are His children, and I am only trying to be an instrument in His hands in teaching them truth about the world and how it works. May be in the next life I will be perfect at what I do, but for now I just have to allow the Lord to mold and use me and remember that I can not be perfect at what I do today or tomorrow or even in 25 years from now. Someday though, after the Savior has come I can be perfect! He is the Master Teacher and in his hands I will continue to learn and perfect myself.
1 comment:
Kara, you can't help but be great at teaching, your heart is in it all the way! You're amazing, girl!
Post a Comment